The intersection of medicine and technology – and, by extension, of medicine and data – provides today’s health-minded citizens with unparalleled opportunities to understand the workings of their bodies. Armed with this knowledge, they can achieve holistic wellbeing with relative ease and efficiency in ways previously unfathomable. Calexus Solutions is proud to have mobilized its analytic and predictive prowess on behalf of healthy living through its work with one digital health startup that offers custom-designed, user-centric weight loss programs. This startup’s programs are dependent upon active and consistent user participation, and Calexus continues to analyze their data to yield insights on how to maintain and increase user participation rates.
Pre-Campaign Data Creation, Cleaning, and Enhancement
- Cleaned more than forty files containing users’ profiles and interactions with client (including chat messages and log-ins to client’s app and website);
- Subsequently enhanced client data with external data; calculated users’ duration in program, weight change, percent weight change, and other variables used for modeling;
- Using mass-application inference procedures, added missing data such that vast majority of gender data became known and utile for predictive analysis.
Embedded AI-Based Analytics, Real-Time Scoring, and Translation of Findings
- Employed statistical tools including SAS, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, and Calexus Solutions’ own proprietary machine learning software to discern patterns in client’s data that predict more-sustained periods of user engagement;
- Created over 28 million unique equations using proprietary machine learning technology to isolate model that most successfully predicted whether specific participants will still be active users more than 45 days after their initial 15 days in the program;
- Utilized analysis of frequency and recency of user interaction with client’s e-services via app/website to re-orient client focus towards marketing opportunity to recapture lost customers.
- Formulated data-based strategy to retain customers via an “early warning system” that can identify program participants at risk of lapsing into inactivity;
- Counseled client to reconfigure marketing schedule to take advantage of fact that they acquire most of their new users in the summer months as opposed to January (the latter acquisition period being considered normal for firms in the weight-loss space);
- Made specific, actionable recommendations for how client could augment its data capture from users moving forward in order to continuously optimize marketing and user retention efforts.